Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Clay Creatures


The turtle isn't suppose to be there-but the kids wanted him in the picture, too.

Josh has an awesome 1st grade teacher-we've been blessed with teachers that work well for his learning. He has been excelling in his schooling and his teacher was afraid he (along with a few others in the 1st grade) would get complacent and not continue to have growth. So they put together these students a few times a week to do things that challenge them. They did a Reader's Theater where they dressed up and everyone had parts to read (I ran off and forgot the camera that day). They also did these really cute clay creatures. I was quite impressed. They made the shoebox into their background and everyone made a large animal and a baby. Josh chose to make lions. Its been a great experience and a lot of fun for him.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

How fun for him!! I am learning the value of a really great teacher- even before school starts!!