Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Pine Cones & Glasses

Gotta love brothers. The boys were playing outside at their grandma's house one day and were throwing pine cones at each other (which they shouldn't have been doing-they got in trouble the week before for the same thing when one of their cousins got hit in the eye). Well, Matt threw it pretty hard and Josh had scratches around his eye. We told him to buck up, because we are such loving and caring parents. :)
The next morning his eye was quite blood-shot and appeared to have an infection. We took this picture before we were able to get to the doctor. He complained so much about the light hurting his eye that we put a large bandage on his eye, since he refused to wear his sunglasses. He kept playing with the bandage and then complained about it not sticking, so I grabbed a piece of duct tape and put on it. He quit complaining after that. We got to the doctor and sure enough, there was an eye infection along with a nice little scratch right in the center of the eye. He's all better from that, but there is still a scar.

I knew we needed to get an eye appointment for prior to the pine cone incident, but was waiting for new insurance and a couple other things to get him in. I wasn't too worried because his school work didn't reflect any problems. I felt bad when we went to the eye doctor and his "uninjured" eye couldn't tell what the letters were. Oops, I guess he REALLY needed glasses. So, here he is sporting his new and improved look.

Matt and Joe were able to buy reading glasses from the Dollar Store to make them feel important, too. Funny boys. Joe was napping when we took the pictures.




5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the story and he does look good in them and he did good on the clay lions too.

Wish upon a Starr said...

You are such a mom of boys. It's very cute. I laughed a throughout the story.

As for the allergies, I am so sorry. I'm a little worried about my kids as well. Kevin is allergic to just about every food you can think of. With his allergies, he doesn't break out with hives like most people. His back muscles tighten up and cripple him for several hours. We gave Matthew Zrytec the other day and he broke out as well. Weird! But I guess it can happen. Good luck to you!!

Chocokate said...

I love Josh's Naples t-shirt!!! Wow, that takes me back! I might have you get me one for me. I love reading your blog. It's fun to keep in touch this way. see ya!

Jenna said...

Your boys are so handsome!! Josh looks good in glasses!!

Heidi said...

Josh looks fantastic in glasses!!! I love the adventures you have with your boys.... I just get a lot of crying!!!! ahahahaha.