Monday, September 8, 2008

School..Ah, Man! Preschool...All Right!

School has started and Josh is a great student. He works hard and has really nice handwriting. I'm excited that he is doing well academically. He always has fun at school, but would rather be home with Mom and his brothers. We've already had a "sick" day, but I  think that was cured by lots of prayers and all the extra homework he had. Whew!

Preschool is twice a week, which isn't enough for Matt, but is plenty for Mom. I thought preschool would be good for Matt with all the changes this year of a new baby and  Josh being gone all day at school. I'm so glad I did. We have a co-op with some kids Matt already knows and it is the highlight of his life! The other day he was ready to go to preschool before Josh even left for the bus. Later, Keith sat him in front of the clock and told him when it would be time for preschool. To help take his mind off of the waiting, I asked him to bring me Joe's shoes. In reply I get a happy little voice saying, "Sorry! I'm watching the clock!" For 25 minutes he watched! I didn't know he could sit and focus on anything that long. Then, when I took him to preschool, he told me I didn't need to take him in, he wanted to do it himself, and he did!

Night and day--that is the best way to describe the difference between the two. We sure love them both!

No comments: