This is something that has changed my life, and I forgot to blog about it! We had been married almost a year when we bought a used washer from my aunt. The washer had a motor replaced within the first year we had it, but it has lasted us FOREVER! I went shopping for a new washer around the time Joe was born (2 years ago) because I was sure the thing was going to quit on me. Well, I am positive that paying our tithing has kept the thing running for so long. A couple of months ago I told Keith that by the end of the year I'd like to get a new washer. Then about a week later I was folding laundry and nothing smelled clean. THE TIME HAD COME! We went shopping and took the plunge on the super capacity, super efficient Whirlpool Cabrio washer. Normally, after spending 7 years with an appliance, I would feel some separation anxiety or miss it a little. I am so thankful the old washer ran as long as it did, and I am EVER so grateful for the new washer. It is quiet, it holds 2 1/2 times what my other one did, I don't have to catch the rinse cycle to get softener in or to make sure the bin is "just right" so it doesn't leak all over the floor. I don't spend as much time or energy getting clothes washed as I did before.
The purchase couldn't have come at a better time. We had Matt on some stool softener to help with some issues and it must have softened much more than the stool. The poor little guy was waking up soaked every morning, even with a pull-up. So, washing all the bedding (including comforter) was no big deal with the new washer. I probably would have pulled my hair out or something worse had I dealt with that situation with the old washer. With the new washer I was able to have the patience needed to work through the situation with Matt, who was more upset with himself about the issue than anyone. Every time I use my washer I fall in love with it all over again.
1 comment:
Congrats on your purchase! Having nice things to do routine chores makes the work more bearable, and even fun sometimes! I agree with you on paying tithing too. I know we've been greatly blessed too!
Post a Comment