Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Tea Party (Catching up)


Each Spring, Keith's mom hosts a Tea Party for her granddaughters. Of course, we don't drink tea, just a yummy wassil. It is an afternoon filled with dressing up, learning how and practicing proper manners, and eating an assortment of yummy finger foods. Yes, this post is late because the tea party was in May, but this is for my records and I wanted to make sure some of these items are in it. I have grown to thoroughly enjoy the tea party. My mother-in-law has invited me to help teach the manners the last couple of years and I have had a blast being a part of things (since I don't have any little girls to dress up and take). However, I could probably put a diaper bonnet on Keifer with a pretty dress and pass him off for a daughter next year!

We had a visit from Fancy Nancy (Aunt Heather) and Sloppy Sally (Grandma Nena) where they each showed us what to and NOT to do. We have a lot of fun watching Sloppy Sally be silly. I have a cute little poem we used that Grandma Nena's friend put together and we read while Fancy Nancy and Sloppy Sally acted it out. This is a day the girls look forward to each year. Especially for me since I get to play dress up with my nieces for a day...in a house where dress up involves lightsabers and swords and nothing proper...you might see why I look forward to this event.

No comments: