I lost the birthday questionnaire from primary, but Josh had a really fun birthday this year. It is the big 8 for him. He started out having a LAN Party. For those of you who don't know, a LAN party is a party where you network a bunch of computers and play games together. He invited a few cousins, but most of the guests were his uncles. For his cake, he wanted a Tux cake. Tux is the mascot for Linux, which is an operating system similar to Windows, or OS X-if you are familiar with those. In other words, it was a very geeky party. He loved staying up all hours with the big guys playing games-it was a lot of fun for all of them.
The big 8 means he has started Cub Scouts. This has been exciting for him-he has attended for 3 years because I've been a leader, and now he gets to be one. I'm glad the experience has been one that he has looked forward to. Now he is preparing to be baptized in a couple weeks and he's pretty excited about that. He's grown up a lot. Hard to believe he was once my 5 lb 12 oz, 19 in long little boy. What a joy he's been. I really appreciate his obedience and love for others.
2 comments:
Thanks, Peggy. Aren't you the sweetest little lady. It was actually under warranty with geek squad so it's been in provo. We got it back, but now I am sure I gave our windows vista away with the computer we sold at our yard sale for TWENTY bucks! Ahh! Oh well. I just repurchased our operating systems disc, so I should be up and running by next week;)
Hey, I know you are probably busy working on the new house! I just want to tell you congrats! It is going to be wonderful! A lady I used to work with - long ago, now - used to own it and it's got great bones. Just sounds like it needs a little cleanup...or a lot! Good luck! It will be great!
Post a Comment