I've been meaning to post about Thanksgiving for a while now. I couldn't let Christmas happen without blogging about Thanksgiving.
This year we were with the Caldwell's. We had our feast at Keith's parent's house with all of his siblings and their families. We had a wonderful dinner and an enjoyable time. One of the things that our family enjoys doing most is getting together with extended family. Keith and I have good relationships with all of our siblings and we treasure the times we get to spend together. Not to mention, our kids LOVE playing with their cousins. I have to say I'm jealous of the times they get with their cousins because all of my cousins were much older or too far away to play with as often as our children get to play with theirs.
I will have to post a picture later (since I don't have any of my own, I have to have someone send one to me) of the Candy Cannon. Uncle Cable (on the Johnson side) has a cannon built for shooting candy and his son wanted to share it with his cousins. So, we made a quick visit to Grandma and Grandpa Johnson's house on Thanksgiving for the "Awesome!" event. "Awesome!" is what Joe kept saying about it. So, in the spirit of Thanksgiving, we are thankful for Uncle Cable and the Candy Cannon. To end the evening back at the Caldwell's, the moms and kids played Bunco and the guys had a LAN (Local Area Network) party (yes, I'm married to a geek and he's spread the geekiness). We sure enjoyed the day with family and good food.
In reflecting on all that I have to be thankful for, I'd like to mention a few.
1. Our precious little boys and the memories we make together as a family.
2. The gospel and the knowledge that we can be together forever.
3. The atonement and our Savior, Jesus Christ.
4. My dear husband who stands by my side and has unconditional love.
5. We have and can provide for our needs.
6. Our loving and supportive parents and siblings.
7. Our country and freedoms.
There are many more things to be thankful for, however, I think these few things encompass the lot of them. I'm also grateful for this time of year where we can make sure we think of all we are thankful for and the chance to share it with loved ones.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment