Monday, December 8, 2008

I love my brother!



Matt is my special "babysitter" for his new little brother. He is always so helpful. He tells me how he will hold the baby when I'm making dinner and works very hard to take special care of Keifer. Matt is hitting an age where he is being flooded with new emotions. I can tell he is overwhelmed by the love he has for his new brother and doesn't always know how to express the love, so we are trying to learn.
My heart breaks for Matt when his heart breaks, and at the same time, I have joy for him as he is learning and feeling new things. We watched "Pete's Dragon" for movie night last week and Matt cried at the end when Elliot the dragon had to leave because Pete didn't need him anymore. Matt also cried when his Aunt Chellena, who was kind enough to spend the night on Thanksgiving at the request of her little nephews, had to go home after such a short visit. He had decided she would stay 4 days and fully expected that she would. He is missing her terribly and can't wait until we see her again.
I'm so grateful we have such special little boys who love their family and play so well with each other. I hope they are always best friends.

4 comments:

Wish upon a Starr said...

Your boys look so handsome all dressed up. I bet that took some work though :)

I remember Allison going through that stage, and she still is going through it. It's pretty sweet to see their emotions, and at the same time it just breaks your heart and brings a small tear to your eye.

Kathy said...

Great picture of the boys. Keifer almost looks like a doll!

The Hacking Family said...

I love your new banner! It's so funny. Keifer is one happy participant that's for sure. I didn't realize your little Matt was such a softy, that's so sweet. Sensitivity in a boy is something other boys would do well to acquire.

kristi said...

Hi. I came across your blog threw Heather's. I hope you don't mind. I'm John and Connie's Shumway daughter Kristi Shumway. You have the cutest family ever.