Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Cousin Camp & Kissing Snakes

I'm late on telling about Cousin Camp, which happened 3 weeks ago, but it was noteworthy so I'll tell now. Each year Grandma Lila has a Cousin Camp where all the kids and moms get together for activities, movies and sleepovers. The dad's are always welcome and usually come around meal time (except for Keith this year, who was at Youth Conference). We started out with lunch at Remember the Main Park, and my kids couldn't wait to go to that "you know, the main park!" We are still trying to help them learn that we don't just remember the main park, it IS Remember the Main Park. After all the fun at the park, we had dinner and a movie in Grandma's back yard. Joe didn't sleep all day, and wasn't about to when the movie began at 11 pm. The other boys fell asleep, so I hauled them all home instead of sleeping over, as this pregnant mom was sleeping in her own bed that night! Which I was glad to do since our party 
Joe never crashes until all is quiet and dark. 

The next day we started with breakfast at Grandma Nena's, which I was suppose to help cook, but couldn't wake little boys up in time (so sorry, still). That day we had activities and a Carnival where every family did a booth and the kids went around with tickets to play each booth. I don't know what all of them were as I was at my own the whole time, but I know the boys had a great time going around, particularly Joe at Grandma Nena's bean bag toss and Aunt Connie's duck pond! It was great because all the kids had fun, no matter the age. 



The craft that Josh and Matt really got excited about was the bead snakes. I'm posting Josh's pictures that he took with his camera. I finally loaded them on the computer and laughed at what I saw and heard about them. Josh told me "The snakes are doing what you and Dad do sometimes, kissing."

We had a lot of fun at Cousin Camp, including the downtime for a nap the 2nd day. At the end, Josh was very sad and emotional, as he gets at the end of every family get-together. He always makes teary-eyed comments about wishing people didn't have to go home or that we could do those activities everyday. I'm so glad he enjoys spending time with all his cousins. 

No comments: