We heard tragic news about a good friend this week. Whitlund Cluff lived next door to us until last year. He was 7 years old and Josh and Matt always had a great time playing with him. I never worried when Wit was over. Such a sweet and smiley little boy. He sometimes had a bit of mischief in his eye-but he was never up to anything bad.
Wit had an accident this week and didn't survive. It was a bit hard on the boys. We went to the viewing on Friday night and that seemed to help them get closure. We planned on going to the funeral, but Josh said he really didn't want to because he didn't want to be sad anymore.
We talked about some memories the boys had of Wit, one of the sweetest things Josh said was "Wit was the best friend I ever had. He never fought with me." That was so true. I don't think I ever saw that little boy be mean to anyone. Josh always liked having Wit to play with at recess in Kindergarten, he was one friend Josh could always count on-and that helped Josh get through the social bit of Kindergarten.
Some other memories the boys had:
-They loved to play hide-and-seek with their toys outside and would spend a lot of time doing so.
-They liked to play "Knights of the Roundtable" with their swords.
-Matt remembered that Wit gave him some hiking sticks (which he still uses).
-I remember waiting for the boys at the bus stop and having wit come over to our house when his mom wasn't home yet (she had dialysis).
I was comforted at the viewing, it was one of the happiest viewings I've ever been to. I was a little surprised until I reflected on the experience later. Wit always brought peace and joy to those in life, why wouldn't it be the same at his passing?
We are sad to loose this friend, but grateful for the joy and memories he brought to our lives. Our hearts and prayers go out to his family.
I don't know how to do a link (apparently), but here's the address for his obituary: http://blackburnvernalmortuary.com/Blackburn_Vernal_Mortuary/Whitlund_Cluff.html
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am so glad you posted this because I had no idea and wow, Page was someone that I visit taught and loved dearly and this is so sad. I wish I could have gone to the viewing, but didn't know until now.
What a sweet tribute. You should send it in hard copy to Page if you haven't already. They had a book at the funeral for people to write memories of Wit. You're right, he always had a certain peace about him. We will miss him too.
Post a Comment