Monday, April 6, 2009

Captain Underpants!


So, we have never read the books, our only "exposure" to the Captain Underpants books has been through seeing them in the book orders that come home from school. Apparently that is all little boys need to see.
I will save the pictures and hilarious video for home viewing (sorry to all of you who will miss out), but for memory sake (since I print the blog for my journal) I will tell a little about it.
A few weeks ago Matt came running out of his room wearing only "tighty whities" and a red cape. He had a grin on his face and ran around playing Captain Underpants. This was quite the site and we all had quite a laugh. Josh wanted to join in, but not at the expense of stripping down to nearly nothing-he's so modest :) However, Joe thought it was great! For the first time, with the help of his brothers, he willingly put on a pair of underwear. He wouldn't have a thing to do with the underwear when I tried to get him to wear them.
Thanks to Captain Underpants, potty training has begun (slowly, but surely). While I don't approve of running around in underwear, for now if it will help a little boy get potty trained--I'll allow it. Besides, this is great blackmail material for later on in life..hee hee.

4 comments:

Kayla said...

hahaha that's so funny! I laughed so hard when I read this! That will be definite blackmail :)

Wish upon a Starr said...

What a site to see, Keith coming home to a bunch of "Captain Underpants". That's just cute. No pictures though? That's better black mail.

valena Kisner said...

Sounds just like your boys!!! What a great way to potty train. Hope I find something so interesting when Vincent gets there.

saskia said...

ha, I don't care if my babies run around in undies and diapers. But listen, if this captain underpants gets Joe potty trained, let me know, I'll try it on William!