Monday, January 31, 2011

Wolf and Pinewood Derby

Josh earned his Wolf Badge and pinned my Wolf pin on me.

We were excited to have this accomplished before he turned 9. Now he is in my group as a Bear. He's been looking forward to me being his leader for a while. I was his leader for about a month when he was a Wolf, then we moved and I was the Bear Leader. Matt wants me to be his leader, too. Maybe Cubs is my life calling and I can be a leader for all my boys.

This is Josh racing one of his good buddies at the Pinewood Derby. Josh got 3rd place and enjoyed working on his car with his Dad and Grandpa Caldwell. If I ever remember, I'll take a picture of the car. It was black with a yellow lightning strike on the top. He did a good job painting it.

Josh turns 9!

His cousins gave him a HUGE candy bar. He was so excited to have his own big candy bar that he didn't share with me. I wouldn't have minded, but I saw him sharing with all his brothers. What a sweet kid, I think. :)

4 comments:

Rachel said...

Did you decorate that birthday cake? It looks great!

Peggy said...

Thanks Rachel for the compliment. I'll pass it on to the Walmart bakery!

Kathy said...

Awww..... the Pinewood Derby. Gotta love it? I think it's an event of passage.

Amanda said...

The derby was such fun! And that candy bar looks awesome . . . what cool cousins!