It didn't work, there seems to be paintable wallpaper that keeps peeling off in large sheets. Keith finally listened to me and we started ripping out the sheetrock to start over, and found mold. Ewww.
Now the mold is gone, and new sheetrock is up (with anti-mold sheetrock on the bottom-it is in the basement where problems can happen with water). The boys really enjoy helping (or at least think they are-its pretty cute to see them try to do what Dad does).
Upon the completion of 3 walls, it was time to tackle the closet wall. However, the closet is terribly small and we finally came up with a game plan. I'm getting a larger closet and a hall closet in the downstairs. We are lucky that the bedroom had a little bit of awkward space we could take advantage of. In order to do this, Keith had to cut into the freshly completed sheetrock and create a new doorway. It has been weird as I walk into my current bedroom and feel silly because it doesn't seem like I should waste my time walking through a door that has an opening to my left (into the new room) before AND after I walk through. It feels like there is some privacy lacking, even though no one is in there.
So this is where we are to this point. The closets are almost framed out and new doorways ready to be put in. We are long from finished as the new doorway will require some rearranging in the current bedroom. Ahh, its kind of a mess and doesn't really make sense unless you see it-but we've enjoyed working together and accomplishing something nice-even if it means our yard-which more people will see-will not be beautiful for quite some time.
I can't wait until it is ready for me to texture the ceiling-which I found out I can do! I practiced in our hall just outside our bedroom, and I'm pretty excited about the results! Its not exactly the texture I wanted, but it looks nice and it is one we agreed on, so I say that makes it perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment